| October 2011 |
So, this is our first official Christmas "letter," even though it's here on my blog and going out by email to those I think won't come to my blog; let's not be fussy about format. I decided a number of years ago to jump ahead to relaxing about Christmas and not worrying about getting Christmas cards and a Christmas letter out to everyone. It's not that we don't care, it's just that something had to go. I sure am impressed with the number of people who haven't given up on us, though! It's been a LONG time since we've done Christmas cards and I still manage to get Christmas cards from some of you. You must really love us. Thank you! For the rest of you feeling guilty about not doing cards and letters: stop, do what you can, do what you love, love your family and friends and trust that those who really matter love you enough to understand you're doing your best.
So here we are doing a little update letter and a Christmas greetings to our family and friends! Go us! So, since we've never done one of these, how far back do we go? ;) I suppose we start with the basics.
Dan and I are in our 10th year of marriage (can you believe that?). We have three lovely children: Zoe, our eldest is 6 1/2 (born March 2005), Simon, our second is 4 (born June 2007), and our baby Isaac just turned one on September 21 (born 2010).
![]() |
| August 2010 |
Dan recently (October 1) took on a pastorate at First Christian Church (Disciples) on 97th St and 134th Ave AND they pay him! For the four years before that he was pastoring a small new church we started with our dear friends, the Crockers, called Bridgepointe Church, but they couldn't pay him, so he was also a Family Support Worker, working with families in the Alberta Children Services system. We are so blessed that most of our little church came with us, so we haven't had to part with our people! Now Dan can be so much more focussed on his true passion for pastoring, we have more time together as a family and we are less stressed in general. When you think of us, please pray for our church.
| Cupcakes I made for Isaac's Birthday |
Simon has entered school with Zoe this year in the 100 Voices program at our school, which is an early learning program for pre-kindergarten. He also loves school. He is in a class with just three girls and 14 boys! His teacher says it is a very active class! Simon has learned to write his name; he draws wonderful pictures of people and has taken an interest in inventing. His most recent invention idea was the pyjama dookie, which is a machine to help you put your pyjamas on. We are still waiting on a prototype, but he says they are $105 at Superstore. Pretty steep, but it's great distribution and if you bought it, you'd have all the help you'd need putting pyjamas on! Just let me know if you want to place an order (or hit your neighbourhood Superstore).
Isaac has had a big year…firsts are like that I guess. He is a pretty happy baby for the most part, always full of smiles and giggles. He's just been starting to walk in the last month, so he's all trouble now. :) He loves to pull the toilet paper off the roll in the bathroom whenever someone leaves the door open or climb up the stairs whenever the gate is down. He's become a little bit of a fussy eater, preferring sweet grapes over just about anything and is known to pull offending food out of his mouth and discreetly (or not) drop it on the floor beside his chair. It's the one time I have ever thought a dog would be handy. Maybe I could just borrow one for a few minutes after dinner?
I think that about wraps it up for us. We are looking forward to a lovely quiet Christmas at home, with plenty of Christmas-y activities leading up to the 25th and following. The kids have (and I must admit I have, too) been enjoying our Advent activity calendar, which I think will become a tradition in our home. It's been so fun creating memories and our own traditions. The kids have all been sick this month so we're doing our best to go with the flow and switch up activities when necessary, but they never forget about doing the advent activity!
Our family theme for 2012 is hospitality, so if you're looking to come to Edmonton for a visit, look us up and we'd gladly have you over for a cup of coffee, glass of wine, dinner, cupcakes or even put you up for a night or two!
May your Christmas be happy and your 2012 be full of thankfulness!
Love,
I think that about wraps it up for us. We are looking forward to a lovely quiet Christmas at home, with plenty of Christmas-y activities leading up to the 25th and following. The kids have (and I must admit I have, too) been enjoying our Advent activity calendar, which I think will become a tradition in our home. It's been so fun creating memories and our own traditions. The kids have all been sick this month so we're doing our best to go with the flow and switch up activities when necessary, but they never forget about doing the advent activity!
Our family theme for 2012 is hospitality, so if you're looking to come to Edmonton for a visit, look us up and we'd gladly have you over for a cup of coffee, glass of wine, dinner, cupcakes or even put you up for a night or two!
May your Christmas be happy and your 2012 be full of thankfulness!
Love,
For to us a child is born,
to us a son is given,
and the government will be on his shoulders.
And he will be called
Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God,
Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace.
Isaiah 9:6



Nice! :) I knew if I kept your blog in my favourites long enough I'd get to read it again. Merry Christmas to your family, too!
ReplyDelete