Well, Flylady is all about routines for herself and her "flybabies" (that's us, the people doing her program). Routines that get the mundane stuff done so you can have fun and do the stuff you want to do. If you do something routinely, then it goes more quickly because you're not pausing in between steps wondering what to do next.
Well, I'm reading Secrets of the Baby Whisperer for Toddlers by Tracy Hogg, and one thing she really emphasizes is the importance of routines for children. It gives them stability and confidence because they know what to expect.
So, I'm trying to get more routines in our lives. Everything got all topsy turvy when we brought Simon home, since we were operating on so little sleep and trying to get some rest during the day. Now I'm noticing a real need for routines for everyone so we can get everything done, so that Zoe can get out and about daily and so that we know what to expect out of our days. We'll see how the routines go and let you know.
No comments:
Post a Comment