I gave them a bunch of peppers to snack on while they waited for supper, so at least they had some vitamins and I made some pancakes and sausages for supper.
And I thought I'd change it up a bit:
I actually got this idea from an online photo album by one of my friends. She was travelling internationally and she found the coolest shaped pancakes somewhere. Always up for a challenge, I thought I'd give it a go. Here's how I did it.
I grabbed my turkey baster...

Carefully drew the design on the hot pan...
I grabbed my turkey baster...
Carefully drew the design on the hot pan...
Let it cook for about 30 seconds before filling in the rest of the pancake with the turkey baster or a spoon.
Let it cook until there are little bubbles appearing in the batter that you just filled in, another 30 seconds or so and then flip it over and resume cooking like a regular pancake (roughly another 30 seconds).
Then I did some heart shapes (Zoe loves hearts)...
A flower shape...
A bird shape...
And my masterpiece, eaten cold by my husband when he came home from work:
You should patten this idea and start your own pancake house.
ReplyDeleteSO COOL, what a creative thing to do.
ReplyDeletehmm, funny thing I also made pancakes for supper last night. And my pancakes ARE jealous of your pancakes. :) I'm glad to see you're still blogging - hope you and Dan are well.
ReplyDelete