Zoe turned 4 yesterday. We threw a party.
With balloons
And birthday banner - heart pendant style
Zoe and I made this pendant. She stamped the hearts (ok, it was a Valentine's leftover), I cut them out and sewed them together... and wrote the words on it. Turned out super-cute.

When friends arrived, she ripped into the gifts immediately (do you notice that her friends still have their coats on?

They played a strawberry candy finding game. Perfect choking sized candies. Thankfully, no one choked.

"Duck Duck Goose" turned into "Run around in circles yelling 'Duck'" But as you can see, everyone had a good time.
The cake. It's a cherry bits cake trifled with strawberry mousse and
strawberry puree inside, covered first in strawberry buttercream, then again in
pink marshmallow fondant. It was pretty tasty.
The colour is a little off in these cake pictures because I took the pictures on Sunday night after the cake was finished (around midnight).
Singing to Zoe during the presentation of the cake.

Zoe "read" all her cards out loud. She made up something different for each card. It was pretty great.
Opening presents.

All in all, a pretty great, but busy day. I took the day off, which was GREAT because I had worked on Saturday and so I didn't have much of a weekend. Dan took our car in to have one of the tires repaired in the morning. As it turned out, it wasn't repairable and our front 2 tires were bald. They wanted to replace all 4 tires, which was probably the better thing to do, but we might be selling our little Echo soon, so we didn't want to dump a bunch of money in it only a couple months before selling it. We ended up getting 2 tires put on the front and one of the front tires rotated to replace the rear tire that couldn't be repaired.
What a cute birthday! Zoe is going to be saying what a great Mom she has when she's older looking back on these pictures. I never got cool cakes and decorations like that! haha. I still love my mom though, but seriously, you're a pretty cool Mom I must say.
ReplyDeleteHappy Birthday Zoe! Looks like a great party. You always know how to do everything so perfectly Teddi.
ReplyDeleteBeautiful cake! You have a talent!
ReplyDelete