Tuesday, August 25, 2009

RE: Cereal

Dear Family,

Please know that the cereal at the bottom of the container is every bit the cereal at the top of the container. I promise that it is not poisoned, nor has it gone stale (or at least it wouldn't go stale if you would eat it in a timely manner), nor has it been altered in any way. Eat of it. Eat all of it. Though it be vile to you, eat it. I promise it will nourish your body or at least temporarily remove your hunger if you eat of it.

Do not drive your mother to insanity by leaving only small amounts of even favoured cereals in the cereal storers, while opening new boxes of cereal she bought on sale. Finish the cereal! Eat it all. It will not harm you, nay, it will be good, though possibly a wee bit crumby.


Your loving wife/mother.

3 comments:

  1. LOL... mix it! Declare it "Bottom of the Box Breakfast" and let them see how many flavours they can cram in one bowl.

    I'm a culprit, I'll admit. I love granola, but ones its the size of sand... no thanks, I open a new box! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ergh... the perfectionist in me really wants to correct my typo!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's hilarious. I have the same problem.

    If you mix it up, you can also make Rice Krispie squares out of it or call it "Bottom of the Box Squares". If you can't trick them with that, drizzle chocolate on the top and they won't care. Maybe I should do that today. I noticed three almost empty bags on the table this morning.

    ReplyDelete