Monday, October 19, 2009

Getting Away

I can't begin to explain to you the excitement that is beginning to take over here. No, it's not the excitement of Halloween or Christmas, although we do love holidays and getting candy. Honestly, Zoe is only just catching on to the passage of time and how near or far away things are. And how things work. (tangent) When we tell Zoe about the plans that we've made for the evening, we say, "Hey guess who's coming over tonight? ... Keegan & Ryann (her best friends) ." And then it would happen. So, Zoe started saying, "Guess who's coming over tonight?" and I'd say, "uh... no one, (I hope)" and she'd say, "Keegan & Ryann!!!" and then it was all sadness and disappointment when we would say, "No, they're not coming over tonight." But that's how it seemed to work for us, right? All we had to do was say it, and it was so. As if we were like gods creating social events: "Let there be friends to fill the house and make you happy and sleep over... and it was so. And there was evening and morning, the 2,208,409th day."

Anyways, the excitement over here is all mine. The kids don't even know. I'm going AWAY! Did you see that? I'm going away? Yeah, all by myself. I haven't been sans kids since February of 2007. I'm going to Abbotsford to visit my friend, Carol, and just to get away. WestJet had super good deals on flights this fall, so I get to go away pretty reasonably and hang out with my dear friend and well, I just don't know what I'll do with myself! Maybe knit.

I'm still trying to determine whether it is safe to try to knit on the airplane. I am totally willing to buy some bamboo knitting needles or something if it means that they'll let me knit on the plane with them, but I would be very sad to have them taken away if I couldn't get through security with them. I suppose I could try and just have Dan wait until I make it through security and I could give them to him if they don't allow them through. Seriously, though. I was on a flight where I lost a crochet hook to security, which has a blunt end and is all of 5 maybe 6 inches long, when someone else went through with a metal pointy ended umbrella. Tell me which would do more damage and be more of a weapon... seriously. And there is NOTHING about crafty items (other than scissors) on the WestJet website.

I tell ya, I feel like a girl in junior high waiting for a sleepover... sleepin' in... no cleaning up after anyone... ahhh...

1 comment:

  1. When are you going? I still have to wait 3 and a bit weeks til my trip and I'm already daydreaming about flying without any kids to pester me every. single. moment. Simple pleasures, right? :)

    ReplyDelete