Sunday, June 24, 2012

Paleo Nut Bars

Don't get too excited here. I'm just here for a bit to copy a recipe that a friend posted on Facebook, but I knew I'd never find it again unless I put it somewhere I could find...

Bonus for you: Free Recipe

Paleo Nut Bars
1 c slivered almonds
1 c unsweetened coconut
1 c pecans
1/2 walnuts
1/2 c coconut oil
1/2 c nut butter (almond is best)
1/2 c almond meal
2 tbs honey (optional)
1 tsp vanilla
1/2 c dried fruit and/or cocoa nibs (optional)

toast nuts and coconut
put toasted nuts in food processor until medium chopped (a bit more course than almond meal)
combine nut butter, coconut oil, vanilla, honey - warm in microwave to melt oil if necessary
add almond meal to moist mixture
add toasted nuts to moist mixture
add dried fruit to moist mixture
spread to about 3/4 inch thick in a 9x9 cake pan and freeze
cut frozen bar into bite sized squares and store them in a covered container in the freezer.



I'm totally going to try these out sometime. Come join me and go Paleo sometime!

2 comments:

  1. Is it funny that I came here to find this recipe today?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It may be even funnier that I forgot I put this recipe here. ;)

      Delete