Saturday, March 8, 2008

Poopsie Tootsie Roll Potty Success

WARNING: This post discusses pee and poop and whatnot. Read on at your own risk.

Zoe in a hat watching TV on her little red potty.
I hope this photo is not inappropriate to put on my blog.
I'm sure Dan will bring it up if it's a problem and I'll take it down.

Finally! Success! I write these words with a little bit of fear that I announce them prematurely.

My mom came to visit last weekend. She brought some candy for Zoe as many good grammas do. She brought fruit flavoured Tootsie Rolls. I think my mom and Zoe have some secret special connection, because Mom can somehow pick the weirdest little toys and gifts and (you think Zoe doesn't really remember who anything is from...) Zoe LOVES them. As was the case for fruity Tootsie Rolls.

This is a picture of my mom that Zoe took while mom was visiting.
I'm not sure if she was taking a picture of Gramma or the chair.

Anyways, I should explain the correlation between the Tootsie Rolls and potty victory. We don't really eat a lot of candy in our house, but we had been rewarding Zoe with a small piece of candy from the gingerbread house for peeing on the potty.

On Saturday, Zoe was having a hard time pooping on the potty. She would whine every 10 minutes or so and run to sit on the potty, but wasn't able to do anything (this is how I know what she's trying to do). So I finally said that if she pooped on the potty she could have a treat that Gramma brought. The next time the whining came on, she sat down and stuck with it and what do you know, that Tootsie Roll was enough to get it all going!

Since then, I've been rewarding (bribing?) her with fruity Tootsie Rolls for pooping on the potty and staying dry during naps and overnight. Well, who knew it would all come together all at once?! There was a small accident the other night, but other than that, it's been great! No accidents, dry naps, dry nights. And actually, no more whining for hours before a BM! Seven days of pooping on the potty and four dry nights!

Sorry for being so graphic. The poop talk stops here. For now.

No comments:

Post a Comment