She was very excited by her cake. Upon first taste, she announced, "Mmmmmm... Wonderiffic!" (Wonder Red says this.)
I made super hero capes for party favours.
Zoe and her guests in their super hero capes.
Opening gifts
Super Why Party Game
This is an add on to my original post. When I first mentioned Zoe wanted a Super Why party, someone responded with a comment saying she was looking for Super Why party game ideas and that if I came up with anything, to let her know. Well, I thought I would share the Super Why party game that we played at Zoe's party. Keep in mind that this party was for a 3 year old, with her almost three year old friend, her four year old friend and 2 babies (who didn't really play the game).
This was a super easy game. Three year olds don't have a lot of patience for complicated games, so I needed to make this game fast and easy. In the Super Why show, they go through the story and during the different parts, they look for super letters. I took some foam letters... I had a couple options for what I could use: Zoe has some smaller foam letters that are bath toys, but we also have some of those foam letters that fit into mats which fit together on the floor. I chose to use the smaller bath toy letters. I took the letters for the word CAKE and hid them around the party room. You have to hide them in pretty obvious places (like in plain view) for three year olds, or give lots of hints. I took 4 blank sticky notes and put them on the coffee table. That was our super duper computer. When they found the super letters, they put them into the super duper computer and when they found all the letters, it spelled CAKE! Then it was time for CAKE.
This is an add on to my original post. When I first mentioned Zoe wanted a Super Why party, someone responded with a comment saying she was looking for Super Why party game ideas and that if I came up with anything, to let her know. Well, I thought I would share the Super Why party game that we played at Zoe's party. Keep in mind that this party was for a 3 year old, with her almost three year old friend, her four year old friend and 2 babies (who didn't really play the game).
This was a super easy game. Three year olds don't have a lot of patience for complicated games, so I needed to make this game fast and easy. In the Super Why show, they go through the story and during the different parts, they look for super letters. I took some foam letters... I had a couple options for what I could use: Zoe has some smaller foam letters that are bath toys, but we also have some of those foam letters that fit into mats which fit together on the floor. I chose to use the smaller bath toy letters. I took the letters for the word CAKE and hid them around the party room. You have to hide them in pretty obvious places (like in plain view) for three year olds, or give lots of hints. I took 4 blank sticky notes and put them on the coffee table. That was our super duper computer. When they found the super letters, they put them into the super duper computer and when they found all the letters, it spelled CAKE! Then it was time for CAKE.
Well, I've never heard of this show... but Alex (my 3 year old) just walked up beside me and said "Hey Mama... that looks like Super Why's friend"
ReplyDeleteMy kids make me feel dumb at times! :)
I've seen you cake pics on Facebook, but man, am I impressed with your skills! I always think "I should be able to do this" but my cake decorating has had limited success. :)
ReplyDeleteIn fairness, I took a course in Caronport that Becky From taught. So I have the right tools (one of the most important things in any trade), the right recipes and tricks, and some instruction under my belt. I did catch on quickly and I do have some art/crafts experience. I recommend checking in at your local Michael's to see when they're offering their next Wilton cake decorating class.
ReplyDeleteSuch a great idea! My daughter (3.5) loves the show. I was thinking that if your cake skills weren't as great, you could bring a picture of the character (from pbs.org) to a bakery and they could put the photo on the cake. Then forming the letters is easy with either preformed letters (they candy ones) or having the bakery put on the words for you. Just some ideas- I love those capes!
ReplyDelete