Okay, here's just a little minor rant. I'm a bit of a stickler for details, as you may have gathered before. And I hate seeing that little red line under a word my word processing program does not recognize. If I'm feeling cranky about it, I often just add the word to my dictionary. So, now my name and "colour" and "neighbour" and a few other words with extra "u"s or reversed "er"s are in my personal dictionary. And I understand that the electronic dictionaries cannot necessarily keep up with all the changes in the English language, especially in this e-age, when everyone's making up new words. But OH-MY-GOODNESS, facebook, add "FACEBOOK" to your dictionary!!!
That's all.
Hey, nice new look Teds! I just found out how to turn off the red and green underlines in word the other day which I do when I electronically submit my papers. If you go to Tools, Options, Spelling & Grammar you can check the boxes "Hide spelling errors in this document" and "Hide grammatical errors in this document" and no more annoyingness. I guess that doesn't help you in Facebook, but then there’s just one more reason for me not to join. :)
ReplyDeleteThanks, Carol. Does that work when you send it to someone else? I always wonder about Word and that kind of stuff... if it doesn't just revert to whatever settings the person opening the document has going... anyways, thanks for the tip.
ReplyDelete...
You should still join, facebook, my stubborn friend. ;)