Monday, July 21, 2008

Wool Shorties

So, like I've said before, Simon wears cloth diapers. It took me a whole lot of research to figure out what to get because it's a whole new world of choices. One of the cool things that I learned was that wool actually makes a great diaper cover. It's breathable, which means that it's cooler in the summer than having plastic wrapped around his butt. It's natural, which I can't tell you exactly why, but that's cool, too. Processed wool can be quite itchy and uncomfortable, but wool with lanolin in it is quite soft and lovely next to the skin. I can knit these diaper covers myself, which means I can make cool looking ones, instead of goofy ones and for a lot less money than the goofy ones cost. (I just can't put my son in those silly looking pants.) Here are the wool shorties I made for Simon. They're cargo shorts, a little tighter than I'd like, maybe, but I really like them anyway.

This was taken before I added the drawstring.

Simon modeling the shorties with the drawstring.
I think it makes them look kind of beach-y.

My handsome boy.

2 comments: