Tuesday, September 2, 2008

15% Tuesday Results

I know you are all sitting at the edge of your seat wondering, "How did she do? Did she make it? How insane was it? How terrible were people? How long were the lines? What stories will come from the monster that is 15% Tuesday?" Well, I'm happy to report that I am still alive. I'd have to say that customers were actually more patient than normal. I know I certainly am when I come through the till with a cart full of groceries on 15% Tuesday.

So, maybe my colleague's first 15% Tuesday was a little more rough than mine. Perhaps she was still too new to her job and it was busier. It actually was kind of slow at times. I never noticed that the lines were insane. I mean, perhaps it was because we were staffed for busy-ness. Unlike normal.

Oh, and I think that I will give a tip as to how to properly go through the grocery store till whenever I blog about my cashier job.

Today's cashier tip: When paying cash, if you're just going to give the cashier a twenty (or several twenties) and no change, don't go rifling around in your purse/pockets right away, getting your lipstick or popping a Tic Tac. Your cashier doesn't know what you're looking for! She thinks you're getting change so that you don't have a mountain of coins in your purse/pockets, so she waits there to see what you're going to come out with and then you blankly stare up at her wondering why she's still looking at you when she has your money. And for you change-getters, you're not off the hook either. You could say something helpful, like, "oh, yeah, I've got 6 cents right here" instead of making me wonder if you're a purse-rifler instead of a change-getter.

No comments:

Post a Comment