Friday, September 12, 2008

I'll Have What She's Having

An amusing (sort of) development has occurred in our son over the past few weeks. He's begun to notice more what Zoe has and wanting it. Simon, unfortunately, does not have the words to ask for what he wants, so if Zoe has asked for some milk and I get it for her, I had better be getting one for Simon, too because, "I know she's getting something. And whatever it is, I want some too!" But it really just sounds like, "Ehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh ehhhhh ehhh ehhhhhhhhhhhh!"


They say that second-born children think life isn't fair. In the "Ehhh ehh ehhhhhhh!" I can already hear, "It's not fair!!!" (Sigh... I get to learn what I put my mom through...)

1 comment:

  1. I hate to break it to you, but it's only the beginning. I am finding the fairness game SO TIRING. Some days I want to say "They've got to learn some time and now's as good a time as any. Life's not fair. Deal with it." Because seriously? At least 15 more years of this? I CAN'T DO IT. Waa waaaaa... IT'S NOT FAIR!

    ReplyDelete