So... we did eat last week. I even planned everything. But I think I forgot to post it. The weeks go by fast. Here's what's going to be on our table this week...
Tuesday, November 4
Chicken Nuggets, French Fries and Crudite
Again, these were home-made chicken nuggets. Chicken breast cut into about 2.5 cm (1 inch) pieces, dredged in egg then bread crumbs, baked in the oven at 400 degrees for about 15 minutes, turned once. Also, home made french fries... russet potatoes, cut in french fry shapes, placed on a olive oil-sprayed pan, and then (the potatoes) sprayed with olive oil again, baked in the oven for about 20 minutes at 400 degrees.
I'll say it again if I have to, crudite is just a fancy word for cut up veggies... we had red and orange peppers, carrots, and celery.
Wednesday, November 5
Homemade Pizza
When I get home from work, I'll make up a batch of dough, Zoe and I will play with the dough and stretch it out into thin crust pizzas. We'll throw some pizza sauce on with basil and shredded mozzarella. Dan will get some hot capicollo on his.
Thursday, November 6
Crockpot Chicken dinner
My Crockpot came with a recipe book that includes this great recipe called "Chicken in a Pot," which is basically a 3-4 lb chicken in the crockpot on top of some onions, carrots, and celery with salt & pepper and basil on top and a 1/2 cup water. Then you get the juiciest, yummiest, easiest chicken. Yummmmy! And it makes the whole house smell wonderful.
I'll make up some mashed potatoes and gravy and frozen peas & corn to go with it.
Friday, November 7
Tacos
We're having our church over for dinner on Friday night, so I'm making tacos, which I hope will be a hit with everyone. I love tacos. Mmmm tacos. Tacos are so self-explanatory that if you don't already know or can't figure out how to make tacos, these menu plans have probably not been much help to you anyway, so I'm not going to go into how to grate cheese and open a package of taco seasoning.
Saturday, November 8
Chicken/Beef Quesadillas with Crudite
Quesadillas come and go in waves in our house. I'll forget about them for months and then all of a sudden they'll come back to me and I'll make quesadillas every other week for another month or so. The wave is in right now. Quesadillas are so wonderfully easy. I take a whole wheat tortilla, spread it with salsa, add a bit of meat, chopped up peppers, maybe, corn and cheese. Then I fold it in half, toss it in the oven at, oh, I don't know, 400? 375? Flip it over after 10 minutes and bake for another 5 or 10, until the tortilla is golden brown and the cheese is all melty. Cut it into wedges and serve with sour cream and (do I need to say it again?) cut up veggies.
Sunday, November 9
Pancakes, bacon and fresh fruit
Doesn't it just make you feel like a little kid in a candy store to eat pancakes for supper? We probably do it too often to be special for my kids, but they still like it a lot. They're easy and not too heavy and the kids will eat them before we go to church, so they're not grumpy while we're there.
Monday, November 10
Chicken Noodle Soup
On Saturday or Sunday, I'll put the chicken carcass in the stockpot and make a nice broth for homemade chicken soup. Once I have the broth, I'll add some chicken from the leftover crockpot chicken dinner, some egg noodles (probably won't make the home made ones this time), and some shredded carrots. I'll try to remember to pick up some rolls on my way home from work on Monday and hopefully we'll have nice fresh rolls to go with the soup. Or, if I forget maybe I'll make up a batch of rolls, but don't get your hopes up...
No comments:
Post a Comment