Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Super Why Contest Entry

Well, Kids CBC was running a contest to win a Super Why DVD. All kids had to do was draw a picture of their favorite Super Why character. Zoe's favorite is Wonder Red (sound familiar?) and so she drew a picture. The first and only time I saw the promotion for this contest was last week (maybe maybe MAYBE the week before). She brought it up again this morning when we were having our early morning breakfast together (she gets up super early and we have breakfast together before I leave for the gym on MWF), so I encouraged her to get out her markers and draw a picture of Wonder Red and told her we would send it in to Kids CBC. Right now I just have to say, Thank you, CBC for letting us scan pictures in and email them for contests or that child may never enter a contest. But boo for me and a little boo for Kids CBC for not running the contest long enough. This afternoon when I checked on the Kids CBC website, I discovered that not only had the contest ended, but they'd already awarded the prizes! Sheesh. I feel like I just heard about this thing! Anyway, since Zoe didn't get to send in her beautiful Wonder Red drawing for the contest and I thought it was so good that more people had to see it, here it is...



There are some important features to notice on Wonder Red up there: like her "half oval" helmet. It kind of blends in with her hair, but that's what Zoe drew first. The things below her head are not shoulder pads, it's actually her cape (fluttering behind her). She has her "word basket" in her hand and she wears clunky roller skates, so that's what's on her feet. A pretty good representation, I think.



1 comment: