Right from the beginning, he's been a really good sport. He's a great little brother. He doesn't complain overly when his sister loves him almost to death and dresses him up. Let's enjoy some of those moments together:
In a funny puppy towel and calm as can be.
He was a much better sport than Zoe
and we even warmed up her towels in the dryer!
Zoe wore this, as did her cousins, I think.
The top zips up from the back, right up to the pointy hood.
So gloriously goofy.
began to do anything remotely funny.
Big smiles and cheers for this little outfit Grandma and Papa sent.
And he was sooooo relaxed all night long.
(So. Hot. Must. Not. Move. Must. Not. Exert. Oneself.)
This bib easily became a superhero cape.
She's there in the background getting hers ready.
There's another shot I'd post if she'd only been wearing pants.
Ah, potty learning.
Sorry, I forgot to turn this one. I could load it up again,
or if you really don't want to turn your head to the side,
I already posted this picture here.
(as long as she doesn't proceed to hit him)
and he is happily playing "cowboy firefighter" (yee haw!)
It is good for me to share these pictures with you because Simon is teething. Oddly, the two beside his top two front teeth have poked through before the front two. Hopefully they don't get very far along before the front two show up because he could look kinda scary for a while. Anyway, it doesn't really bother me which teeth are coming in, but he is so whiny about everything. You just get him up (for those of you not in baby-land, unlike adults, this is prime happy time for most babies) and he's all "nnnneeeeehhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!" It tries one's patience. Well, my patience, actually. Zoe seems to have it in scads for him.
It's good for me to share these pictures because I need to remember that I have a sweet little boy who is mostly very nice to be around, who is gentle, who has a giggle to melt you if you tickle him just under his chin, and who just needs a little extra patience because he doesn't quite know what to do with the horrible pain of teething (somehow, "Suck it up, kid; your sister handled it much better" doesn't seem to do any good).
Love your blog Teddi! Your children are adorable! Rest assured, you'll make it through teething - we made it through two children teething. Now we just need to make it through the winter without any more colds!
ReplyDelete