Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Taken

I mentioned before that Simon wears cloth diapers.

Here he is in his cute red "Fuzzi Bunz."

I need to put Fuzzi Bunz in quotations there because I was saddened to learn today that the diapers I have for Simon are knock off Fuzzi Bunz that were made in China (hopefully not by a child) and passed off on unsuspecting eBay sellers as real patented, trademarked, Made in the USA Fuzzi Bunz. I learned of this from a website called Diaper Swappers where this post outlined all the ways in which my Fuzzi Bunz were fakes. I should have known something was off when the absorbent insert part repelled water (that's bad) and didn't even seem wet coming out of the washer. I threw the inserts out because they didn't work and we don't have enough storage space to hang on to things that don't work.

I haven't been able to contact the seller on eBay about it. So, it looks like I'll just keep using the knock offs. They have been working fine this whole time (once I replaced the inserts with absorbent ones) and I still think they're super cute. They're a pretty good knock off, but I feel badly for the makers of the real diapers (it's not like there's a huge cloth diaper market out there). There are some major trademark and patent infringements going on. I might be out of luck if the quality of the diaper turns out to be very poor and they don't last as long as genuine Fuzzi Bunz, but I was lucky not to pay too much for them. I probably won't be able to resell them, which was another advantage of buying THE pocket diaper.

No comments:

Post a Comment