Sunday, October 12, 2008

Thank You God for the Internet

What would I do without the Internet?
This morning's breakfast was a toss up between Pumpkin Spice Muffins and pancakes. Zoe wanted pancakes, but I wanted Pumpkin Spice. So Google to the rescue and I found this recipe. Oh deliciousness! And festive. Zoe gobbled up four of them (small ones). Here's the recipe for those of you who don't want to follow the link:


Pumpkin Pancakes
Ingredients:
  • 2 cups all-purpose flour
  • 3 tablespoons brown sugar
  • 2 teaspoons baking powder
  • 1 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1 teaspoon ground allspice
  • 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
  • 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 1 1/2 cups milk
  • 1 cup pumpkin puree
  • 1 egg
  • 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
  • 2 tablespoons vinegar
Directions:
  1. In a separate bowl, mix together the milk, pumpkin, egg, oil and vinegar. Combine the flour, brown sugar, baking powder, baking soda, allspice, cinnamon, ginger and salt, stir into the pumpkin mixture just enough to combine.
  2. Heat a lightly oiled griddle or frying pan over medium high heat. Pour or scoop the batter onto the griddle, using approximately 1/4 cup for each pancake. Brown on both sides and serve hot.
It makes a pretty thick pancake batter, so I don't know if adding more milk or less flour would help so you could pour the batter. I had to use a scoop and then spread it out on the pan or they would have just made tall piles. I betcha you could even take this recipe, put it in muffin pans and make yourself some pumpkin spice muffins (now, why didn't I think of that earlier...).

Edit to add: I just tried adding a whole can of pumpkin instead of just a cup and it worked just fine, still a thick batter, but not as bad. And no leftover pumpkin sitting in the fridge!

No comments:

Post a Comment