When Zoe pees on the potty, we sing. We dance. We sing and we dance for potty victories. We call it the Potty Victory Dance. It goes to a little ditty I made up to the tune of "The Conga"
Zoe peed on the potty
Zoe is a big girl (repeat)
We're so proud of Zoe
Zoe peed on the potty (repeat)
The end of yesterday marked 7 days of Zoe peeing on the potty with no accidents (while awake). Since the New Year, we have been enticing her with The Backyardigans "Super Secret Super Spy" DVD as a reward for 7 days of staying dry. Today she got to watch it.
Solids for Simon
We started feeding Simon solids just before Christmas (about a week before he was 6 months). The first time I tried him on rice cereal, he went on a one week poop strike, from only two tablespoons of rice cereal! Just as I was beginning to wonder when I should start to worry, I put him in a white sleeper... and that solved that. (Last week my paediatrician told me some babies poop once every 2 to 3 weeks... nasty!)
Now Simon eats peas, carrots, yams, beets, bananas, pears and apples. And rice cereal. He enjoys his food, but he is not as eager to eat as some babies I have seen. A great invention that has come along is the Baby Safe Feeder. It's a little mesh bag attached to a plastic holder and it makes the baby do all the work of straining! I just put a little piece of apple in it and let Simon chew and suck on it.
We started feeding Simon solids just before Christmas (about a week before he was 6 months). The first time I tried him on rice cereal, he went on a one week poop strike, from only two tablespoons of rice cereal! Just as I was beginning to wonder when I should start to worry, I put him in a white sleeper... and that solved that. (Last week my paediatrician told me some babies poop once every 2 to 3 weeks... nasty!)
Now Simon eats peas, carrots, yams, beets, bananas, pears and apples. And rice cereal. He enjoys his food, but he is not as eager to eat as some babies I have seen. A great invention that has come along is the Baby Safe Feeder. It's a little mesh bag attached to a plastic holder and it makes the baby do all the work of straining! I just put a little piece of apple in it and let Simon chew and suck on it.
I love that movie. It is 90mins and the kids stay engaged. You will be amazed at what you can get done. If you aren't on top of it either it will continually play. Great movie invention
ReplyDeleteI don't have my own kids, but since I babysit and work as a nanny, I know the excitement after a kid actually goes pee on the toilet. I always do a victory dance afterwards for the kids and they think it's hilarious. Yay for Zoe!!
ReplyDeleteHope you're doing great up in Edmonton!
Jelea