Sunday, January 6, 2008

Water 2

Zoe (about a year old)

Well, it's the end of day 3 on the water project... so far I'm a little disappointed that my skin isn't happier about this change. My hands are pretty dry still. Maybe it takes a while to convince your body that you're not starving it of water anymore before it will use the extra water to hydrate my hands. It could be that the increase in water has also increased my trips to the bathroom, thus increasing the number of hand washings, which is sucking moisture from my winter hands.

Today I abandoned measuring out my 1/2 cup of water and only drinking that every half an hour. It took me about eight mouthfuls to get through my half cup, so I just take at least 8 gulps from my water bottle when my timer goes and drink what I want in between.

I think it has been good for controlling my appetite. I'm full of water, so I don't really feel like snacking. And I feel a little healthier, so it's something of an incentive to eat better regularly, too.

Simon's dry patch on his cheek has not gone away yet, either. It seems like it might even be getting a little bit worse. Or maybe he needs some water.

No comments:

Post a Comment