
Now, on to my NASCAR picks. This is really funny to me because the only thing I know about NASCAR is that my in-laws are big fans and a bunch of cars drive around in circles a whole bunch of times and occasionally crash. I don't really know why people watch the actual race because I think they play the good parts (crashes and finishes) over and over again.
My in-laws take this SERIOUSLY. My brother-in-law wasn't happy with the way the old NASCAR pool organizer was running the pool, so he took it over this year and we get to play. Dan did his picks and I've done mine. I know nothing about this sport, so it's mostly just having fun with my in-laws and maybe I'll get lucky. The prize is bragging rights, so that could be lots of fun for me. We got to pick 8 drivers and had a budget of $10,000,000.00. Here are my picks:
Kasey Kahne $915,000 (my nephew Mitchell likes him, and I like Mitchell, so...)
Dale Earnhardt Jr $1,280,000 (my nephew Gavin likes him, and I like Gavin, so...)
Jeff Gordon $2,000,000 (my nephew Elijah likes him, and I like Elijah, so...)
Jimmie Johnson $2,100,000
Tony Stewart $1,945,000
Juan Pablo Montoya $875,000 (Pablo is a Backyardigan; Zoe likes him)
Regan Smith $500,000
Scott Riggs $385,000
Oh, and even though Morgan Shepherd has Victory in Jesus Ministries as his sponsor, he doesn't have victory in racing, so he didn't make my list. And as long as my Excel formula worked properly, that's $10,000,000 on the nose. Wish me luck!
No comments:
Post a Comment