Monday, January 28, 2008

Zoe's Turning Three

Zoe's turning 3 in March. This makes me feel a little bit old. Not that old, but a little bit. But that's not the point of this post. I just wanted a place to send my family and friends for some kind of "registry" for Zoe's birthday. I never know what to get my nephews, so it's always nice if their parents give me a few ideas.

A couple of ideas we have for her:

Books. I always like to read her quirky books with great illustrations. Some suggestions would be Robert Munsch books. She has The Paper Bag Princess and Thomas' Snowsuit, but that's about it. We have relatively few books for her, so if you see something interesting, there's a good chance she doesn't have it. Some favorites include (we already have these): "Don't Let the Pigeon Drive the Bus," "Dooby Dooby Moo," "The Kissing Monster" and "The Going to Bed Book."

A couple of stuffed toys to complete her collection:

"Pablo" Ty Beanie Baby
"Tyrone" Ty Beanie Baby

She has the rest of the Backyardigans characters already (Tasha the yellow hippo, Austin the purple kangaroo, and Uniqua the pink... unique one).

Maybe a Backyardigan's DVD. She does NOT have the following Backyardigans DVDs and I have listed them in the order that (I think) she would prefer them:

  1. Mission to Mars
  2. Tale of the Mighty Knights (due to be released Feb 26, 2008)
  3. Surf's Up
  4. The Snow Fort
  5. Movers and Shakers
  6. Into the Deep
The best and most consistent price I have seen on Backyardigans DVDs is at Walmart.

We're also trying to re-decorate her room, so gift cards to Ikea or somewhere we could buy paint would be put to good use.

This is the duvet cover we're going to use as inspiration for her room (isn't it cute?)

Zoe has recently become enamored with Super Why, which is an early reading program on Kids CBC in the mornings. She was going to have a Backyardigans party, but now she wants a Super Why party. I have no idea what I'm going to do for that.

If any of you want to get her something specific from this list, you can email me and tell me and I will remove it from this post. I'll keep it as current as possible.

1 comment:

  1. Hi. I came across your blog and this post because I am searching for Super Why party ideas for my daughter who is turning 4 in March. I checked out the activities in the parent/teacher section of super why on pbs, but I don't think those things will cut it for her party. If you have come up with any ideas I would love it if you shared them with me! Thanks!
    -Kera-

    ReplyDelete