Convenient that on Day 10, my wonderfully thoughtful husband brought home 10 Minute Trainer for me! (and him, but I'll share!). I had a bit of a stressful day at work, I was late leaving and Dan had to get to a meeting, so I had a bit of a stressful drive home. We crossed paths outside and I came in to the baby waking up. He proceeded to yell at me for most of the afternoon: man, that kid needs some words! Simon and I played some cards: Go Fish (which always sounds like gold fish when he says it, which is cute) and War, which we didn't finish before I had to get some more laundry done and go pick up kids from school. Simon had some whiny disobedience when it was time to get ready to leave and I had no patience for it and pretty much lost it on him. I really hate yelling at my kid, but sometimes I just can't figure out any other way to get through to him. Ugh. I just don't remember having the audacity to ignore my mom when she asked me to do something... or maybe it didn't feel like that to me. When we got home from picking up and dropping off kids, I put Isaac down for a nap. He maybe napped for 45 minutes and then proceeded to yell at me until Dan got home and rescued me just as I realized I had put the ground beef that Dan had brought up from the freezer last night in the freezer instead of the fridge, so no hamburgers for us. Dan let me go upstairs to lie down for a bit while he cooked dinner (isn't he wonderful?). He made a rather yummy steak poutine, which was a homemade first for me. It was really yummy; he served a nice big plate of crudités and kept the portions small since it wasn't the healthiest entrée.
After the kids were in bed and Dan went out for the evening, I read up on the Ten Minute Trainer info and decided at 9:30 that I would do one of the workouts. The different workouts are all 10 minutes, but they suggest you do up to 3 on most days. I did the Cardio, Lower Body and Abs workouts, which all only amounts to 30 minutes: less than 1/2 of a P90X workout. It's a pretty good workout and it's pretty hard to talk yourself out of a 10 minute workout, especially if you want to blog about how your fitness progress is going!
What I Ate Today:
Breakfast: coffee, 2 egg spinach omelette
Snack: orange & cheese string
Lunch: Buffalo chicken salad
Afternoon snack: a few pecans, a few craisins, an apple
Dinner: Steak Poutine, fresh veggies
Evening snack: 2 squares of dark chocolate
I'm going to visit my newest nephew this weekend, so you may not hear from me until Monday. Sorry! I'm going with my fit sister, so she'll be good company to help me stick to my goals.
Have a good weekend. Eat well and get some exercise!
No comments:
Post a Comment