You're all going to be really proud of me today because not only did I work for 3.75 hours this morning, pick up dish detergent on the way home, make lunch for myself, arrange a play date/ kid swap (I took one of my kids there and brought one of her kids to my house), let the neighbour kid join the fun, do Yoga X in the same room as 3 loud six-year-olds playing with play dough, clean and dust our bedroom, make supper, eat it (with a fussy, wordless toddler who only wants to eat bread) and clean the kitchen, including wiping down the appliances, the kettle (that's included there for my co-worker), and the pantry doors (whose idea was it to put glass doors on the pantry again? ... oh, mine), I also took some "before" pictures. But I'm not going to post them because the light in my house at night is crap, so you're going to have to wait until tomorrow. Sorry. Fifth post no pictures. Deal.
Now for your favorite segment of the show: What I Ate Today!
Breakfast: black coffee, 3 egg omelette with cheese and peppers (thank you, Dan!)
Snack: mandarin orange, cheese string
Lunch: egg salad lettuce wrap, an apple
Post workout: pineapple recovery drink, a few cashews
Supper: naked buffalo chicken fingers (no breading) with crudités
Evening snack: mandarin orange and about 1/4 cup of coconut greek yoghurt
What I'm beginning to really like about this is how do-able this is getting, at least the nutrition part. Not everything I'm doing is by the P90X book. I'm eating more fruit than the nutrition plan calls for, but I'm not eating much for grains. I'm eating less meat, but a little more fat. I'm eating less than that plan calls for overall, but I'm not eating a bunch of stuff that makes me gag (which there was some of in the P90X diet...). And even though I don't remember feeling stuffed sick like when you eat too many french fries, I still remember having a difficult time eating an entire stir-fry (and I was measuring all my veggies). I feel really good; I don't feel hungry; I'm eating real food. It's good.
Yoga is good. I stopped at Yoga Belly X, which is about 11 minutes before the end because I kind of hate Yoga Belly X. I'll get it later. Maybe.
Ive found that herring in hot sauce is an easy protein snack. (or any other herring for that matter) and it is cheap at walmart! Day 36!!! Round one. James Boldt
ReplyDeleteThanks for that; I'll have to see about that herring! You go, James! It's pretty fun to transform your body! If I can make my schedule work better, I'm totally going to get ripped!
ReplyDelete