Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Day 3... Just Dance

So, today is day 3 and already I'm off-course. Only in that I missed my P90X workout today, but I did do some house cleaning and organizing, which was A LOT of picking crap up off the floor (note to my family: pick your own crap up off the floor) AND I did about 1/2 hour of Just Dance 3 so I wouldn't feel guilty about missing the workout. The day just went kind of crazy. I cleaned and I suppose I should have worked out while the older 2 went to play at the neighbours' and the baby napped, but I was still trying to get some more cleaning done and make 2 different soups (and search Kijiji for an entrance table or small dresser to be used as such, anyone got a lead?). Then it was dinner and I had to comb through Zoe's hair with a nit comb because even though I couldn't find any lice on her, her friend has it and I saw what I thought were nits and maybe they weren't, but I didn't want to ignore it and be wrong. So, that took about an hour and it was 9:00 before Zoe was in bed and that's when I did some Just Dance 3 on the Kinect. It's fun; I feel like a total goofball doing it, especially with my husband watching me, but I just work it and look like a dork because acting confident makes me not feel so stupid.

Today's diet
Breakfast: protein smoothie & coffee. I haven't been mentioning this, but I have been drinking black coffee every morning; just one cup, so it's not nutritionally significant, but still. (Over the Christmas break I enjoyed Bailey's in my coffee nearly every morning... aaaaaahhhh Chrissssssstmaaaaasssssss).
Morning snack: orange & cheese string
Lunch: Chicken stir-fry. Hubby made lunch for me! Yay for husbands! And an apple, which I shared with Isaac who took the rest of the apple away from me at the end and proceeded to eat just about every part of it, including bits of the core (babies are weird).
Afternoon snack: did I forget? I was tasting soup before dinner; does that count?
Dinner: Beef & Barley soup. I debated omitting the barley this time because I wanted to experiment with omitting grains. I really like barley, though, so I included it. I didn't make any biscuits or rolls, so that's something. I do love me a nice warm crusty bun with butter with my soup.... mmmmm.... so not X-like.
Evening snack: an apple

This is the third fouth post in a row I've done without a picture, which is pretty uncharacteristic for my blogging style. I've been meaning to take a before picture, which I should probably get on before it's not before anymore. Tomorrow? We'll see.

1 comment:

  1. may I say this? you're not a dork when dancing if you're having fun but might be if you're watching from the couch. ;) good for you!

    ReplyDelete